On Friday, 5 July 2019, Huawei revealed that its newest operating system upgrade, EMUI 9.1, will be beneficial for customers on selected Huawei devices. It’s been available from the beginning of July 2019.
Some of the new OS features include:
- Enhanced Performance
- GPU Turbo 3.0 — energises your device’s gaming performance while reducing lag and power consumption by 10%. This upgrade will also see the number of compatible games increasing from 6 to 25, including the popular games PUBG MOBILE, Fortnite, and Kings of Glory.
- EROFS (Extendable Read-Only File System) — improves the reading performance of your device by approximately 20% – up to 63.3MB/s – while also saving more than 2GB system storage.
- New Multimedia Options
- Huawei Vlog* — allows you to easily share highlight videos and create and share 10-second videos using Huawei’s video editor, rather than having to use a third-party app. This feature also gives users the opportunity to customise music and special effect settings for Spotlight Reel, Highlights, Portrait, as well as take slow-motion and fast-motion videos.
- Huawei Video Ringtone — users are able to have more fun with their incoming calls by setting up their favourite video as the default ringtone for their contacts.
- Smart Functions
- Huawei Share OneHop* — a simple tap from your phone to your Huawei computer can send pictures, videos and documents in seconds. You can also efficiently copy and paste between devices.
- New User Experience
- One Hand Gesture Navigation — allows for the screen to be resized on command to enable easy reachability of tough-to-reach menu buttons during one-handed operation.
- A more intuitive and simplified user interface, with 20% fewer configuration items than EMUI 9.0.
The EMUI 9.1 system upgrade, which is at no cost to Huawei customers, is available for the majority of Huawei’s latest devices and will be implemented over the next three months.
As with all Huawei smart devices, customers will be sent a notification of the pending upgrade, which they can then download. Once the upgrade is activated, they can start enjoying the many enhancements made to their devices.
*Applicable to certain Huawei models. Click here for more details.
Edited by Jenna Cook
Follow Jenna Cook on Twitter
Follow IT News Africa on Twitter